Tuesday 4 January 2011

Obsessed With Dark Eyes

GOTHIC EYE MAKE UP
Photobucket
Googled Image.

I absolutely LOVE this image. I, personally, have a tendency to wear dark eye make up a lot. I think a heavy smoky eye accentuates my favourite feature on my face. As I have tanned skin, I would say it's pretty easy for me to get away with dark eyes a lot of the time, and it's not something I would limit to an evening look. Funnily enough, I usually wear less make up in the evenings. Dark eyes do NOT work so well with dark lips for an everyday look, unless of course you're aiming to create a gothic look. It's better to stick to nude colour lips if you going very heavy on the eyes. 
So what is so striking about gothic make up? How has this subculture influenced us? Well lets take a look at the celebrity world. Gothic subculture was once upon a time a place where those who felt inclined to follow fashion to be socially accepted decided they would rebel and form their own subculture. But if you take a look at the amount of international celebrities embracing this look, I think it is debatable whether or not it has been adopted into mainstream fashion:
Photobucket
Katy Perry
Photobucket
Lady Gaga
Photobucket
Rihanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Website